In fact, losing even a small portion of your data is not fun. Especially, if you did not back them up for some reason. So, in today’s topic, I’d like to talk about backup storage media. I’ll review the most popular of them and give some ideas about how to pick the appropriate one for your backups. I know that the choice of media strongly depends on the volume of data to back up, environment peculiarities, and admin’s preferences. But, while looking for the backup storage solution we all also consider some general things like price, resulting environment scalability, and media reliability. That’s what I am going to highlight today. So, today I write my ideas on how to pick the backup storage solution that may be a perfect fit for your environment.
Subscribe to my posts
- Can SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance run twice as fast as SQL Server Basic Availability Groups in a 2-node S2D cluster? Part 1: Studying BAG performance
- What is a Hyper-V Quick Create VM gallery & how to create one?
- How to create a bootable USB for Windows Server 2019 installation?
- Where is it smarter to keep databases? Azure SQL vs. Microsoft SQL Server in a VM
- Can SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance run twice as fast as SQL Server Basic Availability Groups in 2-node cluster? Part 3: Comparison time!