In fact, losing even a small portion of your data is not fun. Especially, if you did not back them up for some reason. So, in today’s topic, I’d like to talk about backup storage media. I’ll review the most popular of them and give some ideas about how to pick the appropriate one for your backups. I know that the choice of media strongly depends on the volume of data to back up, environment peculiarities, and admin’s preferences. But, while looking for the backup storage solution we all also consider some general things like price, resulting environment scalability, and media reliability. That’s what I am going to highlight today. So, today I write my ideas on how to pick the backup storage solution that may be a perfect fit for your environment.
Subscribe to my posts
- How to reset the 120-day RDS grace period on Windows Server 2016 without GUI
- PowerShell commands & scripts do not work. How can I fix it?
- Where to keep your backups? Let’s talk about backup storage media
- Several tips and hints to full-throttle your Hyper-V performance
- Hot adding/removing memory in Hyper-V 2016: a closer look at the feature