In the previous article, I’ve measured the performance of NFS vs iSCSI to find out which network protocol is faster as a storage for virtual machines on VMware ESXi. Well, iSCSI beats NFS under all testing patterns. Additionally, I’ve evaluated and compared the performance of NFS client connected to Linux (Ubuntu Server 17.10 distributive) and to Windows Server 2016. According to the results, NFS server performance on Linux was higher than that on Windows.
Subscribe to my posts
- Hyper-V live migrations: Which settings ensure the best performance?
- SAN? NAS? Public cloud? Let’s pick the secondary storage
- How to remotely enable Remote Desktop on another computer
- How to reset the 120-day RDS grace period on Windows Server 2016 without GUI
- PowerShell commands & scripts do not work. How can I fix it?