In this article, I compare deployment of Microsoft Azure SQL and SQL Server in a VM. I review the pros and cons of both approaches towards SQL Server deployment and take a closer look at cases when you may actually need each.
Subscribe to our posts
- Performance comparison: SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance on S2D vs. SQL Server Basic Availability Groups on Storage Spaces. The battle starts
- Can SQL Server Failover Cluster Instances run on S2D twice as fast as SQL Server Basic Availability Groups on Storage Spaces? Part 2: Studying FCI performance
- Can SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance run on S2D twice as fast as SQL Server Basic Availability Groups on Storage Spaces? Part 1: Studying BAG performance
- What is a Hyper-V Quick Create VM gallery & how to create one?
- How to create a bootable USB for Windows Server 2019 installation?