In this article, I compare deployment of Microsoft Azure SQL and SQL Server in a VM. I review the pros and cons of both approaches towards SQL Server deployment and take a closer look at cases when you may actually need each.
Subscribe to our posts
- How is NVMe-oF doing? Part 2: Chelsio NVMe-oF Initiator + Linux SPDK NVMe-oF Target
- Re-investigating performance of SQL Server Basic Availability Groups on Storage Spaces. Why You Should Always Enable Read-Only Routing
- How is NVMe-oF doing? Part 1: Linux NVMe-oF Initiator + Linux SPDK NVMe-oF Target
- Setting up a Windows Failover Cluster for a home lab
- CAN SQL SERVER FAILOVER CLUSTER INSTANCES RUN ON S2D TWICE AS FAST AS SQL SERVER BASIC AVAILABILITY GROUPS ON STORAGE SPACES? SUMMARY